CPD Providers and Planners
Want to boost attendance and add value to your CME/CPD activity? Submit your program for MAINPRO® accreditation today!
The College of Family Physicians of Canada (CFPC) accredits continuing medical education (CME) and continuing professional development (CPD) activities for Mainpro-M1and Mainpro-C credit.
- The CFPC National Committee on Continuing Professional Development (NCCPD) oversees the regulation of Mainpro accreditation.
- Administration is performed at the national level by the CFPC Department of Continuing Professional Development, and provincially by CFPC Chapter offices.
Why Mainpro accreditation?
- Peer-review process ensures all content is relevant to family physicians.
- Demonstrates a commitment to quality educational programming.
- More than 20,000 family physicians across Canada require Mainpro credits to maintain their CFPC membership.
How does Mainpro accreditation work?
All submitted programs are reviewed by one or more family physicians to ensure adherence to established criteria and policies, including relevance of content to family physicians.
Depending on the activity and the type of accreditation sought, programs may also be subject to ethical review (Mainpro-C and programs offered online are currently exempt from this step). This secondary evaluation ensures that each time a program is offered, it is conducted according to CME/CPD ethical standards and guidelines as established by the CFPC, Canadian Medical Association (CMA), and Innovative Medicines Canada (IMC).
Learn more about the ethical review process.
What do I need to submit? How much does it cost? How long does it take?
Complete information regarding accreditation categories, materials to be submitted, fees, criteria, policies, timelines, etc. can be found within A Guide to Mainpro Accreditation.
How do I apply for Mainpro accreditation?
While we still accept paper-based applications, we strongly encourage all providers to use our online accreditation program, QuickConnect. QuickConnect is easy to use and helps to save time, money, and the environment.
Learn more about QuickConnect.
Those who wish to apply using the paper-based application must contact the CPD Department at the National Office, or their local CFPC Chapter Office, to access copies of the triplicate form.
Learn more about the CFPC CPD Providers Award.