This category of membership is only available to individuals attending a Canadian Medical School.
Are you a Resident in family medicine/other discipline and would like to apply for membership in the College of Family Physicians of Canada (CFPC)? The CFPC welcomes you and asks that you do not apply online, but that you contact our Membership Department. We look forward to hearing from you.
If you are a PGY1 resident, your membership will be automatically handled for you by your Program Director and CFPC staff in August. As a PGY1, your first year of membership is complimentary.
If you are a current CFPC member but do not have a login, please go to our member site to register for a password.
Are you a former member of the College of Family Physicians of Canada (CFPC) who wishes to be reinstated? Thank you for your interest in membership reinstatement. The CFPC would be pleased to welcome you back. On behalf of the College, we look forward to your return to our strong and growing community of over 28,000 family doctors.
To reinstate your membership, you must achieve the following two criteria:
- Provide the current year’s membership fee payment. Please contact our Membership department at 1-800-387-6197 to inquire about applicable fees.
- Submit evidence of satisfactory continuing professional development (CPD) participation for the two years previous to requesting reinstatement. This is necessary to restore special designation(s) such as Member of the College of Family Physicians of Canada (MCFP), Certification in the CFPC (CCFP), or Certificate of Special Competence in Emergency Medicine (CCFP [EM]), as appropriate. The membership reinstatement requirement of 100 MAINPRO® credits, of which at least 50 must be Mainpro-M1 and/or Mainpro-C, can be achieved in one of the following ways:
a) Your designation(s) will be immediately restored if you submit proof of completion of the required 100 credits from the past years. Once restored, you will be assigned a five-year Mainpro cycle and will be required to report 250 credits within that timeframe.
b) If you do not have proof of completion of the required 100 credits from the past two years, you will be assigned a temporary two-year cycle, during which time you must complete and report the required 100 credits. Designation(s) will be restored upon completion of the minimum credit requirement.
Should your required 100 credits not be met, your membership/designation(s) will be discontinued. On reinstatement your payment will not be accepted unless accompanied by the required 100 Mainpro credits. On approval of these credits, your membership/designation(s) will be restored and you will be assigned a 5-year cycle.
Should you have questions or concerns about your Mainpro requirements, or if you wish to learn more about Mainpro-eligible activities and online reporting options, please contact our CPD department. Our Mainpro coordinator would be pleased to assist you by phone at 1-800-387-6197, ext. 243 or by email at email@example.com.
If you require clarification about your CFPC membership status, please contact the Membership department at
1-800-387-6197, ext. 435.
International Medical Graduates
The College of Family Physicians of Canada (CFPC) Board has approved membership for international medical graduates who are enrolled in a Provincial Ministry of Health and/or university approved assessment/training program leading to the obtention of a license to practice.
To be eligible for membership, these physicians must demonstrate that they are enrolled in such a program by providing
- (i) a letter from their Program Director
- (ii) proof of an educational license and
- (iii) a $56 membership fee payment.