Mainpro (Maintenance of Proficiency) is a CFPC program designed to support and promote continuing professional development of family physicians practising in Canada.
For more information, please click Mainpro - Maintenance of Proficiency.
Canadian Family Physician (CFP) is an accredited provider of Mainpro. Members of the CFPC may earn Mainpro-M1 credits for performing brief reflective exercises after reading eligible articles in the journal. Here's how it works:
- Each issue of CFP includes articles that are designated as Mainpro-M1 Eligible. Look for the Mainpro Eligible symbol in the CFP Table of Contents in print or online.
- Read the article or articles for which you wish to register Mainpro-M1 credit. You may also read the articles on the CFP website
- Login to the CFPC.CA member area to access the CFP Mainpro page.
- Click on My CFP Mainpro Articles link. Click on the title of an article. You may read the article online, or proceed directly to the Reflective Exercise.
- Write a 50 to 100 word response to ONE of the three questions posed. Then click Claim Credit. Credits are automatically recorded and submitted.
That's all there's to it.