Mainpro+® (Maintenance of Proficiency) is a CFPC program designed to support and promote continuing professional development of family physicians practising in Canada.
For more information, please visit Mainpro+ (Maintenance of Proficiency).
Canadian Family Physician (CFP) offers CFPC members the opportunity to earn certified Self-Learning Mainpro+ credits for performing brief reflective exercises after reading eligible articles in the journal.
Here’s how it works:
- Each issue of CFP includes articles that are designated as eligible for Mainpro+ certified credits. Look for the Mainpro+ symbol in the CFP Table of Contents in print or online.
- Read the article or articles for which you wish to register certified Mainpro+ credits. You may also read the articles on the CFP website.
- Log in to the Members Area on the CFPC website to access the CFP Mainpro+ page.
- Click on the “My CFP Mainpro+ Articles” link. Click on the title of an article. You may read the article online again, or proceed directly to the reflective exercise.
- The reflective exercise will pose three questions. Pick one only and write a response of 50 to 100 words. Then click “Claim Credits.” Credits are automatically recorded and submitted.
That’s all there is to it.