Suspension or Revocation of Membership/Special Designation: Individuals who fail to comply with the College’s membership requirements, including those related to annual membership fees and/or continuing professional development:
- Shall have their College membership, Certification, Fellowship, and any special designations suspended or revoked
- Shall lose the right to continue to use any College special designations until such rights have been reinstated by the College.
Medical Regulatory Authority Notice: On receipt of notification from a medical regulatory authority of the suspension or revocation of the licence of a College Member, the College shall immediately suspend or revoke that Member’s College membership and special designations and shall notify the Member of this action.
Restoration of Membership/Special Designations: A licensed physician in good standing whose College membership and/or special designations were suspended or revoked may apply for reinstatement of such membership and special designations. To have membership and special designations restored a physician must:
- Submit the membership fee for the current year
- Provide evidence of having carried out continuing professional development that meets the requirements of the College as determined by the Board
- In the case of a physician whose licence has been suspended or revoked by a medical regulatory authority, provide evidence of such licence having been reinstated