Starting in 2015, the way you earn and report CME/CPD credits is changing...
- Reporting categories that are easier to understand
- Opportunities to earn credit for more practice activities
- Select CPD activities earn up to 3X more credit
- New user-friendly online reporting portal
- Report credits from your smartphone (yes, there’s an app for that!)
We're keeping what works well...
- 5-year reporting cycle
- Min. 25 credits per year
- Min. 250 credits per cycle
- Min. 125 from certified CPD
- Easy online reporting
- Supportive CPD staff
Important Changes to MAINPRO®
Over the next few years the CFPC will make some significant changes to Mainpro based on member recommendations to help all Mainpro participants meet their changing learning requirements. The system changes will also ensure that the appropriate mechanisms are in place that will allow Mainpro to evolve and improve over time.
Two important changes were made to Mainpro credit reporting in January 2013:
- All Mainpro participants will be required to earn and report a minimum of 25 credits per year during their five-year cycle. The annual minimum may be comprised of any combination of Mainpro-M1, Mainpro-M2, and/or Mainpro-C credits; A minimum of 250 credits are still required within the five year cycle; and
- Online reporting will be required.
Why minimum annual credit reporting?
- Encourages Mainpro participants to engage in, and report, their continuing professional development (CPD) activities on a regular basis – which is in keeping with the ideals of lifelong learning.
- Enables College staff to provide more efficient service and support to Mainpro participants in a timely manner; avoids issues being identified only in the latter stages of the five-year Mainpro cycle.
- It is in keeping with requirements of many certification and licensing organizations in Canada and abroad. The CFPC’s initiative to implement this change will provide reporting consistency for Mainpro participants across the country.
Why online-only credit reporting?
- Online reporting will make submitting CPD credits faster, easier, and more secure.
- Fewer incidents of illegible or incomplete submissions; online forms prompt users to provide all information required for validation of submission by College staff.
- Helps to encourage those participating in Mainpro to keep their records up-to-date.
Mainpro participants can set up an online account any time to get started with the e-reporting process. Further information and instructions on setting up an account are provided on the Reporting Your Mainpro Credits page.
If you have any questions please contact CPD staff at email@example.com or 1-800-387-6197 ext 243 or 204.